The Palacký University Library
Aside from the tens of thousands of books and other publications, the libraries have wireless connection for laptops, vending machines, computer labs, an overnight reading room, a clubroom with comfortable sofas, a microwave oven, and an electric kettle to make tea or coffee. Please note that all library services are available only for holders of valid ID cards.
More information and opening hours of the libraries are available here.
- Free access to the loan stock
- External and internal loans
- Reservations from library stock
- Information about the reader’s loans
- Inter-library loans (including international loans)
- On-line access to electronic information resources
- Electronic information resources training
- Individual consultations on available databases
- Advice on new databases
- Multimedia players (CD, DVD)
- Network connection for laptops (cabled or wireless) – Manuals for
- wireless connection in English are available at the Armoury central desk)
- Copy and print services
A short tour of the library for groups of students (by appointment only)
The library offers a short tour for groups of students. This is especially useful at the beginning of your studies. Ask for more details at the front desk of the central library. If you find enough people to form a group, the librarians will give you a tour of the whole library and its services.
If you are a night owl, you can take advantage of night study hours. Although the library reading rooms on the first floor are closed at night, a smaller reading room is available on the ground floor. Throughout the night there is access to the university network (wireless), a toilet, as well as food and beverage vending machines. Entrance to the reading room is possible via the student ID card.
Other libraries in Olomouc
- Research Library in Olomouc
location: Bezručova 3, web: www.vkol.cz
Mon-Fri: 8.30am – 7pm | Sat: 9am – 1pm
- The Municipal Library of Olomouc
location: nám. Republiky 1, web: www.ok-olomouc.cz
Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri: 8am – 6pm | Sat: 8am – 12am
- Library of the Olomouc Museum of National Art and History
location: nám. Republiky 823
Mon-Fri: 9am – 11am
Copy and print services
With the ISIC card you can make copies and print out documents at computer labs and faculty libraries. The ISIC card also serves for the payment for these services. You can charge (top up) the card at designated charging terminals at the library desks). Also, there are copy centres in the city centre, which accept any electronic storage device to make copies and print. On average, rates range from 1 to 2 CZK per A4 page.